Senior HR Practitioner
Industries: Professional Services, banking and finance, corporate travel, recruitment consulting & IT
Expert in Employment Relations, recruitment, performance management, terminations and mediation. Natasha has been quoted in articles for the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, the Australian Financial Review and the Huffington Post and she has often been interviewed on the radio, including the ABC. Standard Mental Health Australia First Aider. Natasha is a recent graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors course (GAICD) and achieved an Order of Merit result.
Natasha is a sought after speaker and has a proven track record of educating and engaging audiences both small and large around the country. To inquire after her availability and learn more, visit her webpage Here.
Early in my career, I worked in Banking & Finance and as a Recruiter before focusing on Human Resources. I now have over 22 years’ experience and I have worked and lived in Australia, the UK and India. I have delivered training in Australia, USA, Asia, UK & New Zealand. I have managed employees across all aspects of HR and have sensitively and compliantly terminated hundreds if not thousands of employees in my career.
I believe SMEs are the backbone of this country and work harder than anyone else – I am driven to help them grow their businesses through their employees, lose their ‘employee headaches’ and do what they love. This is why I wrote my book ‘From Hire to Fire & Everything in Between’ to help business owners who have limited time, money and employee relations knowledge – hire better, manage better and fire better.
Together, my team and I have over 190 years of hands-on experience – we are happy to have those difficult conversations you may not wish to have yourself, script them for your or sit with you and support you through the process. We know what you, as an employer, should and shouldn’t do when managing your employees.
I also want to make the world a better place and we do this through our lifetime partnership with the Global Giving Institute, B1G1: Business for Good. When you work with us, you too will be changing the world for the better.
Outside of work, I am a qualified yacht skipper, play squash at 6am a couple of mornings a week and I’m a mum to 3 fabulous kids; and I enjoy a glass of wine or two!
Compliance and Risk Management
Industries: Banking and Finance, Investment and Securities.
I have 22 years banking and finance experience in the UK and Australia working for companies such as Coutts (UK) and Macquarie Bank across Private Banking, Compliance and Margin Lending. Since the end of 2011, I have been running Employee Matters focusing on Finance, Payroll, Compliance and editing Natasha’s blogs and articles. Yes, sometimes extensive red pen is required.
We have spent considerable time developing great tools to help small businesses maximise profitability through their people. We understand the challenges of running a small business as we are one ourselves. I believe that Natasha and I bring extensive corporate experience and compliance to small businesses to use for their competitive advantage.
Outside of work, I love reading, soccer and running around after (and trying to keep up with) our children
- Industries: Charity, Health Services, Newspapers, Utilities, Pharmaceuticals, Funds Management and Banking
- Key Strengths: Generalist HR, Business Operations
Catherine has had over 20 years experience as a Human Resources professional. Catherine has held a number of Senior Human Resources generalist positions with small, medium and large organisations across a diverse range of industries. Catherine has a degree in Commerce and post graduate qualifications in Human Resources. Standard Mental Health Australia First Aider.
- Industries: Insurance and Finance, Community Services, Health Care, Technology, and not-for-profit organisations
- Key Strengths: Extensive experience with a wide range of SMEs. She has demonstrated great ability in Change Management, Organisational Development and Employee Relations.
In her down time Catherine loves spending time with her two beautiful boys, her amazing friends, and travelling.
Catherine has over 10 years’ experience in generalist HR and recruitment globally. Catherine has held senior HR positions in Australia and the UK where she was responsible for servicing client groups throughout Europe and the Middle East. Predominantly her focus has been within the professional and financial service industries working for global companies including BDO, Russell Investments, Old Mutual Group and Macquarie Group. She has a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology & History) from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Diploma, Human Resource Management from the University of Technology, Sydney. Standard Mental Health Australia First Aider.
- Industries: Professional Services, Banking and Financial Services, Funds Management, Aged Care, Hospitality
- Key Strengths: employee relations, organisational change, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, global mobility and recruitment
Based in the Sutherland Shire, Morgan has over 15 years’ experience working with small, medium and large organisations to help them manage their most important resource – their people. She has experience in recruitment, people management, operational and strategic HR, with a specialty in performance improvement. Morgan is passionate about helping businesses to ensure their HR systems are in place and that they feel confident working with their employees to achieve their business goals. Standard Mental Health Australia First Aider.
- Industries: Workers Compensation Insurance, Government Employment Services, Franchise Systems, Software and Management Consulting, Construction, Education – Childcare & RTO’s
- Key Strengths: HR Generalist, Leadership Programs, Management Coaching/Mentoring, Performance Improvement, Business Operations, Strategic Planning, Talent Management
Outside of work Morgan can be found chauffeuring her 3 young kids around and volunteering at school!
Melbourne based, Paul has over twenty-five years experience working in a range of HR generalist and leadership roles. He has worked primarily in the private sector having spent over twenty years with Accenture where he held HR leadership roles spanning both Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. In these roles Paul had responsibility for a broad range of HR functions including performance management, employee relations, learning & development, workforce planning and recruitment whilst leading teams of up to forty HR professionals. Paul has a Masters degree in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations from Melbourne University.
- Industries: Technology & Management Consulting, Financial Services.
- Key Strengths: Generalist HR with specific skills in Performance Management, Workforce Planning/Talent Supply Chain, Organisational Development and Strategic Planning.
Outside of work Paul’s interests include freelance writing (he contributes to a couple of sports publications), travel, playing tennis and generally attempting to keep fit.
Ush has had over 12 years experience as a Human Resources professional. Ush has held a number of Senior Human Resources generalist positions with large organisations across a diverse range of industries and is a trainer, coach and speaker on Emotional Intelligence. Ush has been published in Forge Magazine, AFR, Mindvalley, Thrive Global, Australian Retailers Association and many more. Ush has a degree in Law, has completed the London Bar, is a qualified mediator (LEADR), a certified Executive Coach (IECL), a certified neuroleadership coach (i4 Neuroleader) and a certified Emotional Intelligence Expert (ISEI).
- Industries: Media, Marketing, PR, Fast Food, Construction, Not for Profit, Electrical Appliance Manufacturing.
- Key Strengths: Extensive experience with a range of HR issues, with a focus on partnering with the business. Experience in running HR investigations and providing training. Emotionally Intelligent way of mixing a HR service with a blend of coaching and self awareness.
In her down time, Ush loves working on her podcast with her co host (IQ meets EQ) reading, meditating and is getting into weight training and deadlifting!
A passionate People Leader, Angela has over 15 years’ experience in providing coaching and mentoring support to all levels of management in business, from entrepreneurial start-ups to large global organisations. In her previous senior HR roles, Angela has been an active advocate in driving the improvement of people engagement and performance to improve business results. Angela understands the challenges of organisations and knows how to collaborate to tailor a solution, thereby inspiring improvements in people performance, the backbone of every business. She has qualifications in HR, Training, Coaching & Psychometric Testing.
- Industries: Healthcare, Software & Technology, Real Estate, NFP, Government, Engineering and Childcare
- Key Strengths: Talent Management, HR Operations, Manager Capability, Recruitment, Engagement, Rewards, Remuneration & Benefits and Performance Management
Outside of work, Angela enjoys spending time with family and friends and is passionate about hiking for charity.
Esther is a specialist Recruitment Partner, skilled at supporting Leaders to find the best talent match for their businesses. With extensive recruitment experience in the UK, Australia and NZ, Esther has a strong reputation for building long and happy relationships with clients. Having also run her own successful recruitment business, Esther is commercially savvy, highly adaptable and understands the importance of a fast and effective hiring process.
- Industries: Sales, Marketing, Advertising, Publishing, Manufacturing, Distribution, Entertainment, Retail and many more.
- Key Strengths: Client Partnerships, Relationship Management, Talent Acquisition, Executive Search , Recruitment,.
Outside of work Esther is an active mum of 3 boys, keen walker (Coastrek, Bloody Long Walk), skier and nature lover with a passion for wholefood cooking, health and wellbeing.
After starting her career in investment banking, Caroline lived and worked for 10 years in North America and Africa working for the United Nations specialising in administration and logistics. After moving back to Sydney in 2002 and taking a break to raise three children, Caroline got her start in recruitment in 2011 and after a stint in Dubai is now New Zealand based.
- Industries: Banking and Finance, non-profit organisations
- Key strengths – Innovation, research, recruitment, social media management, global viewpoint, quality client relations
Caroline loves spending time with the family camping, reading and travelling. She is also a real night owl and coffee/chocolate addict.
Maaike has over 14 years experience as a Human Resources and Recruitment professional with positions held in the UK, the Netherlands and Australia. She has worked for Shell in their Corporate Functions and Upstream Business doing recruitment and providing generalist Human Resources support. Prior to Shell, Maaike worked in recruitment services in the following sectors – Call Centre and Accountancy/Finance.
- Industries: Oil and Gas, Finance, Call Centres
- Key Strengths : Building and maintaining good relationships across diverse cultures, Coaching, Recruitment, Global Mobility and management of global HR processes.
In her downtime Maaike enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 gorgeous girls, she enjoys days out at the beach and loves bush walking.
Natalie has over 15 years experience working in the Recruitment Industry, recruiting for both Multinational clientele and also SME Businesses with positions held across Australia. Natalie’s specialty has been working in high volume Contact Centre recruitment, and is an expert in the designing of assessment centres and customised recruitment methodology.
- Industries: Contact Centre, Banking & Finance, Office Support, Government, Manufacturing, Transport and Logistics
- Key Strengths: Client Relationship building, Talent Acquisition, Recruitment, Performance Management, Planning / Talent Lifecycle, Business Development, Modern Award Interpretation
In her spare time Natalie enjoys spending time with her two young children, travelling especially to snow countries. She is also an avid makeup artist who loves trying all the new products she can get her hands on.