Icare will be introducing some changes early this year with the intention that it will make the workers insurance scheme easier to use and more accessible for insurance companies, that are agents of icare, and also for businesses with workers compensation insurance.
The main changes are as follows:
- Icare will undertake all policy and billing requirements for the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme. This will ensure a consistent approach to billing and invoicing as it will be handled by one agency as opposed to multiple agents
- A broker channel and self-service portal where agents and customers will have easy access to buying and renewing insurance policies online as well as all up to date policy information
- It is anticipated that these changes will come into effect in late February 2017 although it may be subject to change
Important to remember:
- These changes are to streamline the workers insurance process
- There will be no changes to current policies including costs associated with the policy or the agent that you use
If you have any questions regarding these changes, there is an icare customer support centre you can contact through Services NSW on 134422.
icare (Insurance & Care NSW) is a Public Financial Enterprise governed by an independent Board of Directors that delivers insurance and care services to the people of New South Wales